Volcanic (Basalt) Rock Dust
Volcanic rock dust from Turbo Grow is one of the greatest additions that you can work into your garden. Rock minerals are essential for plant growth, but not all rocks are the same. Igneous rocks from volcanoes, also referred to basalt, have the highest mineral content. This means that they provide the biggest benefit for your soil. Volcanic Rock Dust is a great organic amendment to prepare your super soil.
Volcanic rocks tend to break down faster than other rocks and its higher quartz content makes it more accessible to garden plants, at a faster rate.
For this reason, it is no coincidence that civilizations have been settling near volcanoes for thousands of years. Some of the most fertile soil in all the world can be found at the base of active volcanoes. These igneous rocks are full of beneficial minerals. Coming from the center of the earth, the minerals work well for aiding plant growth.
Volcanic activity pushes igneous rocks out of the earth and onto the surface where they are broken down by plant roots. Because these rocks haven’t been worn down or weathered on the surface before this point, their trace elements and micro-nutrients haven’t leached out. This means that powdered volcanic rock can be an ideal garden fertilizer. Once added to your soil, volcanic rock tends to break down faster than other forms of rock. With a higher quartz content, it makes more of it accessible to your garden plants more quickly.
- Provides slow natural release of minerals and trace elements
- Stimulates soil micro-organism activity - feeds the beneficial microbes
- Volcanic rocks tend to break down faster than other type of rocks
- Raises moisture and nutrient storage capacity of soils
- Contributes to the building of humus complexes
- Buffers both high and low pH levels in soils
- Helps combat soil erosion
- Greatly improves root development
- Increases the nutrient intake of plants
- Increases yields – some trials have given results up to 400%
- Enhances flavour and texture in crops and fruit
- Produces more nutritious crops and fruit
- Increases resistance to insects and disease
- Increases resistance to frost and drought
- Quicker and sturdier growth rates
- Free natural input for organic farmers
- Non-toxic, environmentally friendly and totally natural
- Enhances sugar and mineral content in fruit and vegetables
- Improves water retention in free draining soils
- Revitalises existing plants and trees
- Increases both growth rate of micro-organisms and earthworm activity
- Great for compost – increases biotic-mineral content of humus and reduces smells
- Reduces mortality rates in seedlings & replanting
- Improves germination
How to use
5ml = 1 teaspoon | 15ml = 1 Tablespoon | 240ml = 1 Cup
- 15ml Volcanic Rock Dust per 1L substrate
- 480ml Volcanic Rock Dust per 30L substrate
- Frequency: When mixing/revitalizing a substrate
- Get a container or set a tarp on the ground
- Add the substrate, Volcanic Rock Dust and other organic soil amendments.
- Mix well and water lightly
- Cover the soil to avoid pests and keep soil from drying out
- Let the soil sit for approx. 2 months before use (this step can be skipped with precaution)
Smaller pot plants:
- 30ml per 5L substrate
- 500g to 1kg per tree
Flower & vegetable beds:
- 500g to 1kg per m2
- 10kg per cubic meter (m³) of raw material
- Activate with composting soil microbes: Byodyne Environoc 501
1L of Volcanic Rock Dust (approx. 1kg)
For an in-depth mineral and trace element analysis, please view PDF attached. The composition analysis was conducted by the Council for Geo-science and SGS Lakefield Research Africa; with a combined experience of over 170 years, they have a great reputation for accurate testing.
For placement of large orders contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org