Organic Medical Grade Peat Moss
Peat moss is dead fibrous material that forms when mosses, typically sphagnum moss, and other living material decompose in peat bogs. This variety of peat moss is known as blonde sphagnum peat.
Peat moss is an absorbent material so it is suitable for many different uses, such as creating fertile soil, helping plants grow faster and healthier, high absorbency and acidic pH features.
Peat Moss differs from your typical compost due to the fact that it is composed predominately of moss that decomposes at a very slow rate, without the presence of air. With this being said, it takes several millennia for peat moss to form, and peat bogs gain less than a millimetre in depth every year.
A tailored made substrate for medical cannabis production
Pindstrup Medical Cannabis Substrates are designed for the grower to maximize yield and product quality. In order to optimize crops, we developed a high fibre content and peat structure, which is the ideal base for a well-balanced growing substrate.
To this, we add Forest Gold to secure uniform water uptake and excellent drainage; perlite can be used as an alternative for increased aeration. Mixed in our unique batch mixing, our substrates ensure the crop is uniform from planting to harvest.
These substrates have proven their worth in field experience at many large growing operations. We are constantly, together with leading growers, developing and refining our substrates to ensure you the maximum yield and most efficient production time.
Optimized for medical cannabis Pindstrup Medical Cannabis Substrates provide the best and most consistent results for the production of medical cannabis.
Airy and light, these high-quality substrates consist of a mix of screened, European blond peat and Forest Gold, or perlite, leading to;
- Fibrous peat structure that allows faster plant establishment and even rooting throughout
- Uniform water-uptake and distribution
- Improved drainage and dry surface
- Healthy plants with less disease.
One of the best features of peat moss is its sterility. It doesn't have any bacteria, fungus, harmful chemicals and no weed seeds. This makes this product perfect for seedlings, which are quite vulnerable to their surrounding environment.
Peat moss has the remarkable ability to absorb and retain water well, as well as hold onto essential nutrients that would otherwise leach out of the soil. This makes a great place for seed starting and as a mix with other growing materials.
Peat moss is typical for being low in pH, ranging from 3.5 to 6 on average, depending on where the peat moss was mined. This peat moss in particular has a pH of 5.5. It is very suitable for acid-craving plants such as strawberries, blueberries and cannabis.
Does not compact
Even though peat moss absorbs water well, it does not compact, unlike other soils. Compact soil is a problem because it makes it hard to create any space for water and air to pass through. By introducing peat moss to any compact material, the compaction problem is solved.
- pH 5.5
70% organic blonde peat 10-30 mm
- 30% Forest Gold
- Nutrients added per m³:
- 1.9KG Calcitic Lime 0-0,2 mm
- 1.9KG Dolomitic limestone
- 300L Forest Gold
- No added nutrients except lime
- Sustainably harvested
- The organic range of Pindstrup Medical Cannabis Substrates are suitable for use in organic agriculture confirming to regulations no. CEE 834/2007 and 889/2008 as well as the US National Program (NOP)
- Inspected by Ecofert SA F - 32600
- Product code: LV1148/021-LV12874 - Pinstrup Green Cannabis
How to use
- Amend with high quality worm castings, mycorrhizal fungi, bone meal, kelp meal, volcanic rock dust, gypsum and/or soft rock phosphate and malted barely.
- Use the bone meal and kelp meal sparingly.
- This is a blank canvas - we recommend applying organic amendments according the soil mixing quantities listed in each one.
- Can use coco brick/freedom farms coco perlite to a 1:1 mix with Organic. Medical Cannabis Peat Moss - Get the benefits of both peat moss and coco coir!
- Feed with blackstrap molasses, fluvic acid and humic acid.
- Transplant with Mycoroot.
- Bonus: Use Environoc 401.
- Use propagation organic medical peat moss for starting of seeds and cuttings.
Tip: No need to add lime as its already been added.
For placement of large orders contact us at: email@example.com