Powdered Kelp Meal is a natural plant growth stimulant that contains a natural balance of major and minor nutrients, key hormones, enzymes, amino acids, humic acids and other organic substances, totaling over 60 essential elements. Powdered Kelp Meal is created through the process of alkaline hydrolysis of the seaweed plant.
Powdered Kelp Meal contains high levels of trace elements and a decent amount of phosphorous and potassium, which play a vital role in the formation of roots and building a strong immune system for your plant. Kelp meal is a great organic amendment to prepare your super soil.
Powdered Kelp Meal is also crucial in mid to later stages of growth for fruit bearing and flowering plants, ensuring good yields.
How It Works
Once Kelp is harvested, it is then washed with fresh water to rid it of excess sea salt and then it is dried and powdered. It is very important that it is harvested at just the right time to ensure that the cytokinin levels are at their peak. Cytokinins are growth hormones responsible for cell division in plants.
It has been proven that kelp or what is in kelp can accelerate growth, increase fruiting and flowering, provide resistance to disease, insects and frost.
Trace Elements & Minerals Are Aided by a Carbohydrate Called Mannitol
All of the trace elements and minerals in Kelp Meal are aided by a carbohydrate called mannitol that chelates or makes certain minerals available. One of the problems of modern farming is enabling the plant to take up all of the nutrients to complete a healthy life cycle.
Chelates are very important in allowing plants to take up certain essential elements. What researchers have discovered is that with so many trace elements and minerals, vitamins and enzymes as well as growth hormones, kelp aids in building and supporting the plants natural immune system. If you can keep a plants immune system high it will have the ability to resist disease, insects, frost, and drought.
Perhaps the most important aspect of kelp is the growth hormones. Kelp contains ample quantities of auxins, gibberellins, and cytokinins. All growth hormones play a part in how a plant functions, and are more accurately called growth regulators.
Kelp has very high amounts of a particular hormone, cytokinin. Cytokinins are responsible for cell division, cell enlargement, differentiation of cells, development of chloroplasts as well as a delay in ageing.
When kelp is used regularly you will notice that the overall health of the plant will increase and that when applied at certain times major growth will occur.
- Helps to germinate seeds quicker.
- Improve taking of cuttings.
- Encourage plant rooting.
- Build immunity.
- Add more colour and flavour.
- Give a longer shelf life.
- Produce more and larger buds and flowers.
- Counter any nutrient deficiencies.
- Fight off pests and disease.
- Reduce the plant stress from drought.
Per kg of Kelp Meal:
- Phosphorus (P) 17.27g
- Potassium (K) 40.84g
- Sulfur (S) 9.41g
- Magnesium (Mg) 8g
- Iron (Fe) 94.62 mg
- Manganese (Mn) 25.14 mg
- Copper (Cu) < 1 mg
- Zinc (Zn) 11.59 mg
- Boron (B) 111.9 mg
- Molybdenum (Mo) < 1 mg
How to use
- 30L of growing medium: Mix 1.5 - 2 cups (360ml- 480ml).
- Per 1L of growing medium: Mix 1 tablespoon (15ml).
Garden Bed Amendment:
- Add Kelp meal at approx. ½ cup (120ml) per meter squared (m²), mixing well into the top 10-15cm of soil. Can be applied every 3-6 weeks.
- 30L of growing medium: Apply 6 Tablespoons (90ml) every approx. 3 weeks.
- Other recommended products to top dress here.
- Follow with a normal watering. Always use dechlorinated water for organics.
Worm Bin & Compost Pile:
- The worms and microbes turn the kelp meal into a form the plant can use it, which helps produce some of the highest quality worm castings. What you put in is what you get out.
- Activate with composting soil microbes: Byodyne Environoc 501.
Compost Tea (Aerated):
- Mix 1 tablespoon (15ml) of kelp meal per 4 L of water with your other ingredients.
- Hydrate ½ cup (120ml) of kelp meal with 1 cup (240ml) of water.
- Drain excess water and then blend or puree the hydrated flakes to a paste-like consistency - store this in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Mix ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) of the paste per L of water for foliar applications and double or triple that concentration for soil feeding.
1L (approx. 650g)
For placement of large or bulk orders contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org