Jiffy C Pellets & Trays
Jiffy 7C Pellets are a popular choice for growers of a variety of plants, all over the world. Jiffy 7C Pellets are made from coco-peat and because of their compressed nature, they are easy to transport.
The Jiffy 7C pellet is built on the principle of container and media in one and comes in the form of a compressed dry disk in a partly degradable netting. All Jiffy 7C pellets sizes come with their own tailor made Jiffy tray systems (trays can be easily cut into smaller sizes), however the Jiffy 7C pellets can be used without trays.
- Made of washed and buffered coco peat in a bio-degradable netting.
- Pellet manufacture is audited multiple times annually by RHP to ensure consistent pH and EC.
- A small amount of fertilizer is added to assist seedlings and cuttings in the early stages of growth.
- Accommodates different crop types and growing systems.
- Applications vary from remote forestry in difficult African terrain to sophisticated hydroponic systems. In 2016 over 10 million Jiffy 7C pellets were used in Southern and East Africa.
- ISO 9001:2015.
- All materials used and final products are RHP certified.
Dimensions & specifications:
- Jiffy 7c Small: 40mmx 45mm pellet
- Jiffy 7c Large: 50mm x 60mm pellet
- Jiffy Tray 40mm x 60 cavity - 69106003 - (fits 60 x 7c small pellet) 539mm x 309mm - Extra Large Dome compatible.
- Jiffy Tray 50mm x 45 cavity - 69204502 - (fits 45 x 7c large pellet) 530mm x 320mm - Extra Large Dome compatible.
- Ease of transport and deployment.
- Minimum infrastructure required to establish nurseries.
- Ease of seeding and planting of picked seedlings due to soft, airy growing medium.
- Improved germination rates due to high quality growing medium and faster growth rates.
- Significant increase in root mass improving survival and growth rates once planted out.
- Minimal transplant shock, no cutting of plastic and damage to roots, simply plant the whole pellet.
- Netting prevents growing media from fouling hydroponic systems.
- Environmentally friendly, no plastic, no soil, biodegradable.
How To Use
- Remove pellets from cartons and hydrate by placing in water filled containers or by spraying with compression sprayer. Pellets can also be hydrated while in trays using ebb and flow method or overhead spraying.
- Both trays fit perfectly in the Extra Large Dome.
- Plant seeds or cuttings directly into hydrated pellets at the depth required for the particular crop type.
- Water as per requirement for the crop and environment, remembering that coco peat usually requires less water applied more frequently.
- No fertilization is required in the first week or so of growth but thereafter suitable fertilization is required.
- Grow the seedling/cutting to planting size and then plant the whole pellet into the soil or growing system.
- Plants will easily root through the Jiffy 7C netting and develop into soil or growing medium.