Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) - Organic Disinfectant & Foliar Spray
Our Hypochlorous Solution (HOCI) is a safe, full spectrum organic disinfectant that is derived from salt and a proprietary electrochemical treatment process. The result is a unique, plant-safe solution with powerful oxidative properties to safely disinfect your growing area, equipment and much more with no required PPE (personal protection equipment) to use. It has been found to be two orders of magnitude more effective than bleach, non-toxic to biologic tissues, and safer than both peracetic acid and quaternary ammonium. Green Houston's Hypochlorous solution is certified organic and registered with NRCS.
Anti-microbial - Anti-fungal - Anti-bacterial
How does it work?
When a Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) is sprayed a chemical reaction between HOCl and the proteins in a germ's cell membrane will form chloramines. This chemical by-product releases a smell similar to a swimming pool or bleach, but without any harmful chemicals.
What is HOCl?
- An infection- and pathogen-fighting agent found in white blood cells and produced for agriculture, sanitation, dentistry and healthcare
- Produced by running an electrical charge through saltwater
- Cleans plants and surfaces
- HOCI is eco-friendly, non-toxic and pH Neutral
- HOCL is FDA, EPA, and USDA approved disinfectant
- No harsh or inorganic chemicals and zero residue after drying
Hypochlorous acid is also widely accepted, at a variety of concentrations, as a fruit and vegetable wash, no-rinse food contact surface sanitizer, and a hard surface disinfectant, making hypochlorous acid one of the most flexible products available for organic growers.
- Full spectrum disinfectant, kills 99.999% of bacteria, viruses, spores, fungi and biofilms.
- Effective to sterilize your grow room, equipment and the surrounding growing area.
- Effective Treatment for Powdery Mildew Outbreaks
- Cell repair and wound healing for plant cuttings. Anti-inflammatory and Hydrating. Extends the life of cut flowers
- Post-harvest to keep flowers, fruits, vegetables, and buds clean(Bud Wash) and free from disease.
- 100% Biodegradable with no traces of harmful residue - No rinsing required.
- Safe and convenient to use - unlike bleach which contains dangerous chemicals or strong. concentrations of Hydrogen Peroxide that will oxidize your skin on contact.
- Works to descale irrigation systems and decompose residual organic matter.
- Effective as a final flush to remove mineral build up (scale) in growing media and irrigation lines.
- Very low TDS and Non-nutritive - Doesn't throw off mineral balance
- Effective for use in foggers for full room sterilization.
- Hypochlorous acid can also kill bugs such as mites, thrips, aphids, fungus gnats, flies, slugs, mosquitoes, ants, fleas and spiders. It oxidizes the pests, causing death. The pathogens or parasites will perish or leave. Their eggs will perish too.
- Food-Grade & Certified organic
- Non-Combustible and non-flammable.
- Effective at even a low ppm (concentration) - just requires more contact time
- Safe for pets and children
- Bonus use: Safe to use in Robotic vacuum/mop reservoir as detergent (i.e. Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner for Dreame L10s Ultra Robotic Vacuum)
- Ingredients: Filtered Reverse Osmosis water with 500ppm HOCL Ano-Lyte (+-0.05)
- 12-month shelf life (if after date the ppm will be approx. 300ppm and still effective).
- Use within: 1-3 months after opening.
- If dilution solution is made use the diluted solution within 2 weeks.
- pH: 5-7
- Ingredients: Filtered Reverse Osmosis Water with 100ppm HOCL Ano-Lyte (+-0.01)
- 12-month usage & shelf life - we do not dilute but manufacture to 100 ppm to insure product stability and longevity. Product loses stability if diluted.
- Please do no remove the spray cap for product stability.
- pH: 5-7
Internationally Approved by FDA, EPA and USDA. Horticulture & food grade
Green Houston is the official distributor of Hypochlorous Solutions manufactured by IQ Solutions (PTY) LTD under NRCS Registration: NRCS/8054/290879/506.
How To Use
- Use at 100% concentration or dilute 200ml / L (100ppm)
This is advised between every grow cycle. This will ensure that the cultivation surfaces remains sterile and does not encourage any unwanted pests, bacteria or fungus, like powdery mildew.
Safe to use at full 500ppm concentration.
The stronger the concentration the less contact time required.
- Recommended: Continues use: 5ml/L (2.5ppm)
- Severe Conditions (10ml - 25ml) per 1L (12.5ppm)
Irrigation systems and reservoirs that are regularly maintained with Green Houston's HOCL 500 treatment will last longer, and run more optimally. This is because Green Houston's HOCL 500 helps break down scale, mineral build up, and other organic matter that has been lodged in the system. Maintain operational excellence and extend equipment life, such as irrigation system filters, by running treated water through the system regularly.
Please note: do not use it as a soil drench for organic/super soil as it will sterilize both beneficial harmful microbes. You can use a water carbon filter to effectively take out HOCL, leaving you with sterile water.
Cuttings / Clones
- 25ml/L (12.5ppm)
Green Houston's HOCL 500 is a must for all cloning machines and fresh cuttings. Dip fresh cuttings in a solution of HOCL 500 (25 mL per 1L) to improve cell health and increase immunity. Seedlings and cuttings treated with Green Houston's HOCL 500 have more vigor and are more likely to grow into robust plants. Roots of plants treated with Green Houston's HOCL 500 will be bright white and bursting with tiny feeder root hairs.
- 10ml - 25ml/L (5ppm-12.5ppm)
Green Houston's HOCL 500 at a rate of 10-25 ml/1L of water during the final flush stage to help reduce residual mineral build up in the growing media. This procedure may be used at any time during vegetative or flowering phases if the growing media or irrigation system develops mineral imbalance or unwanted build up.
Please note: do not use it as a soil drench for organic/super soil as it will sterilize both beneficial harmful microbes.
Mix 100 ml Green Houston's HOCL per 1L water and spray evenly.
- 100ml/L (50ppm)
This is a practice used to clean buds before the delicate curing process. When growing outdoors, it is common to find dust, ash, small pests, pollen and even mold spores in your flower. The HOCL 500 should be diluted at 20ml per L for the bud washing solution.
RDWC and Other Recirculating Hydroponics Systems:
- Recommended: Continues use: 5ml/L (2.5ppm)
- Severe Conditions (10ml - 25ml)/L (12.5ppm)
Any recirculating or deep-water culture (DWC) irrigation system should use Green Houston's HOCL to remove mineral residue and reduce scale. Irrigation water treated with Green Houston's HOCL has a reduced risk of developing problems that are often associated with overwatering and insufficient oxygen levels, such as anaerobic microbial growth and biofilm build up.
Using Green Houston's HOCL in a recirculating or DWC system helps break down materials with lower solubility ratings, such as mineral complexes that are no longer available to plants. Mineral build up and lockout is a major cause of deficiencies and plant health problems-solve these issues with Green Houston's HOCL.
For foliar spray and for taking cuttings/clones
Green Houston's HOCL 100 is a must for all cloning machines and fresh cuttings. Dip fresh cuttings in a solution of HOCL 100 to improve cell health and increase immunity. Seedlings and cuttings treated with Green Houston's HOCL 100 have more vigor and are more likely to grow into robust plants. Roots of plants treated with Green Houston's HOCL 100 will be bright white and bursting with tiny feeder root hairs.
Is hypochlorous acid (HOCI) the same as bleach?
It's actually the same substance your white blood cells produce to fight infection and it's as effective as bleach.
Why is hypochlorous acid have a pH range of 5-7?
Our hypochlorous acid is created at a pH of 7 but as the acid ages over time, the pH will fall from 7 to 5.
Green Houston is the official distributor of Hypochlorous Solutions manufactured by IQ Green Solutions (PTY) LTD under NRCS Registration: NRCS/8054/290879/506.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific ppm/pH requirements or for 1000L+ flow bins.