Organic Blood Meal
Organic Blood Meal is a fast release organic amendment that you can add to your garden for a nitrogen boost and trace minerals. Adding nitrogen to garden soil will help plants to grow more lush and green. The nitrogen in blood meal can also help raise the acid level of your soil, which is beneficial to plants that prefer soils with low pH (acidic soil). Blood meal is a great organic amendment to prepare your super soil.
Our organic blood meal contains approximately 15.65% nitrogen, 0.12% of phosphorous, and 0.25% of potassium, making it a great addition to a nitrogen deficient garden.
Green Houston is one of the only shops that offers you 100% organically certified Blood Meal.
NPK of 16 - 0.1 - 0.3
BenefitsRich Source of Nitrogen
- Blood meal provides a rich, consistent source of nitrogen to the soil and the plants.
- If you have a vegetable garden, your soil will need nitrogen rapidly to nourish the roots.
- Blood meal acts quickly in the garden to fix nitrogen deficiency
- During the growing season, your gardening bed can quickly run out of essential nutrients as the plants need it. Once you add blood meal, the soil returns to its natural balance and continues to nourish the roots.
High in nutrients, blood meal helps produce incredibly lush, plentiful, and deep-green foliage.
Ideal for adding a long-lasting depth of color to your green space.
Blood meal is fantastic for vegetable gardens with greens like kale, Brussel sprouts, and lettuce. These veggies are nitrogen-hungry and require this nutrient for growth.
- If you’re using compost piles for soil enrichment, blood meal can be added to equalize the carbon to nitrogen ratio. Material in the compost, like wilted, dried leaves, paper or straw, all contain carbon. Adding blood meal ensures a balanced dose of nutrients to the soil and plants.
Blood Meal is water-soluble
- Can be used as a liquid fertilizer.
How to use
5ml = 1 teaspoon | 15ml = 1 Tablespoon | 240ml = 1 Cup
Garden Bed Amendment
Per HA (Field Rate)
1L of Blood Meal (approx. 670g)
If you think the soil needs more, the amount can be increased, but it’s always better to not overdo it. Remember, excess nitrogen can burn the roots of the plants. Beware of rapid decomposition around the stem if too much blood meal is topped dressed too heavily and conditions are warm & moist, this could result in damaging to your plants base stems and pest problems.
Dosages can vary depending on existing soil, frequency of application and environmental conditions.
Blood meal is best applied in spring to ensure the proper growth of vegetables, flowers, and plants. Only a small amount is necessary to reap a whole range of benefits.
For placement of large orders contact us at: email@example.com